Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bite, Peas, Ray Ray!

2 months into meeting Leah and boring days were a thing of the past. She had returned to work part time at a lawyer's office and I had begun watching Deacon, oh and we were completely inseparable! We spent every moment together aside from sleeping and depending on the day sometimes I never made it past her couch. Our husbands were often gone 6 weeks at a time and frankly being alone sucked. We were both pregnant and it was easier being together than being apart.   

Now with pregnancy comes cravings and mine EVERY SINGLE MORNING happened to be a giant Dr. Pepper and a cosmic brownie, this to a 16 month old is pure joy! I would come waddling in the door and the cheerios that Leah had placed on the highchair tray instantly became no longer fit to eat. Deacon would make his way over to me and with a sly grin, look at me and say "bite, peas, Ray Ray!" Now tell me how can you say no to that!? One bite became two and two became three and soon half my brownie was gone, this did nothing to satisfy my cravings so I solved the issue and starting buying two. Leah would give me the glad your staying home with him face and walk out the door, and we would start the morning with our brownies and  the backyardigans. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! I had almost forgot this! Mind you, I never gave my child sweets, so this was a very difficult thing for me to swallow. I think I ended up being okay with it simply because Racheal had to deal with him all hyped up on sugar while I was away at work. How quickly I became his second favorite person in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete