Monday, March 31, 2014

Bingo!

Moving 14 hours from the only home I had never known made me realize just how much of a mama's girl I really was. Even though Leah and I had became incredibly close I still missed my family and being pregnant with my first baby I was sad because I didn't have my mom there to experience it with me. I didn't know what I was doing half the time or what I was feeling and I didn't have my mom there hug me and tell me it was ok. 

When I met Leah's mom that all changed. I felt home. I felt loved and safe. From day one she treated me like another daughter. She hugged me, fed me and even yelled at me and I loved every moment of it. She and Leah also introduced me to bingo. Now granted I knew what bingo was, It was something that my grandma did with her friends, it was full of crazy, quirky superstitions and troll dolls, and it was the last place on earth that I thought at 19 years old I would be hanging out at on a weekly basis. If your asking yourself if Leah and I were the youngest people in there? The answer is yes, every week our pregnant butt's would waddle into a room full of 70 something's with mom in tow who would rub our bellies for good luck and provide us with countless hours of entertainment. We would sit and joke, play pull tabs and laugh until we were in tears. The three of us were partners in crime and it was amazing. I had another mom and sister. My first deployment had given me a gift that not many deployments give someone, it had given me a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment